Wondering what to see in the coming months as it starts to get cooler and you look to spend your evenings indoors? Here are five suggestions of fantastic theatre in Australia that are definitely worth checking out!
1. An Officer and a Gentleman (Lyric Theatre, Sydney)- Grab some macaroons at the Adriano Zumbo Patisserie and enjoy the world premiere of the musical based on the Oscar winning film of the same name. An amazing cast led by the incredible Amanda Harrison will keep you entertained and fill you with a belief in love. For more information see: http://anofficerandagentleman.com.au
2. Adelaide Cabaret Festival- This annual celebration of cabaret attracts stars from all around the world. This year Adelaide will be host to incredible performers including Eden Espinosa, Lea Salonga, Sherie Renee Scott and Keira Daley. For the entire list of shows and tickets see: http://www.adelaidecabaretfestival.com.au
3. A Chorus Line (Capitol Theatre, Sydney)- A musical theatre classic remade for a new generation- 'Seventeen dancers. Eight Spots. One Dream.' http://www.achorusline.com.au/
4. Jersey Boys (Lyric Theatre, QPAC, Brisbane)-Jersey Boys returns to Australia after it's run in New Zealand. Jersey Boys tells the story of The Four Seasons and features their hit songs including
"Sherry", "Big Girls Don't Cry", "Oh What a Night" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You". A fun night out for everyone! http://www.jerseyboysaustralia.com.au
5. Under Milk Wood (Drama Theatre, Sydney Opera House)- The final of the five picks is something quite different to the rest. Under Milk Wood is a Sydney Theatre Company production of Dylan Thomas’ poetic radio-turned-stage-play. http://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/2012/under-milk-wood